Human Resource Clerk PT (Temp)
|February 01, 2013 - February 08, 2013|
|Salary Range:||$14.00 - $17.50/hour|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||The Atlanta Community Food Bank is a non-profit organization supplying food and non-food products to over 600 programs in metro Atlanta and North Georgia. |
The purpose of the Human Resource Clerk is to assist in the preparation and processing of employee enrollment forms, personnel transaction forms, Worker’s Compensation and other personnel related actions within the Atlanta Community Food Bank.
|Duties:||Purposes, Responsibilities and Duties|
1. To conduct background checks and all needed pre employment testing for new hires and current employees
2. To initiate screening and recruiting of new employees
3. To manage benefits administration and process forms to enroll employees into benefit programs
4. To compile and file data related to applicants and open positions.
5. To conduct employee surveys to ensure the process reaps valuable benefits for the organization
6. To maintain and coordinate personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements
7. To maintain medical records in the computer database and/or files.
8. To develop, review, and revise documents for the organization
9. To distribute, collect and audit tax and I-9 forms
10. To manage the tracking of employee training to make sure they receive their required and scheduled training
11. To ensure adequate backup for all roles and functions within the department
12. To maintain employees confidence and to protect operations by keeping human resource and all personal information confidential.
13. Other duties as assigned.
a. Bachelor’s degree
2. Required qualifications
a. 3 – 5 years of proven experience working within the HR field with progressive level of accountability.
b. Strong communication and organizational skills
c. Experience with worker’s compensation is a plus
d. Experience working with database systems
e. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
f. Knowledge of basic HR functions and principles
g. Proficiency in MS Word and Outlook; Excel, PowerPoint.
h. Strong administrative skills
i. Must pay close attention to details
j. Must have dependable transportation and be able to work with minimal supervision.
3. Preferred qualifications
a. Bi-Lingual Spanish is a plus but not necessary
b. Certifications in Human Resources such as PHR
This position works in a typical office setting and within the community. There may be extended periods of sitting, standing and/or bending; listening, talking and/or visual concentration; writing and/or computer use. This position would normally have routine opportunities to alter physical position or change eye focus. Lifting should not normally exceed 30 pounds.
We are committed to providing employees with an environment of mutual respect in which the values of Diversity, Safety, Continuous Improvement, and Hard work are supported and encouraged. We work diligently to engender fairness, responsibility, trustworthiness and teamwork to advance our mission: To fight hunger by engaging, educating, and empowering our community.
Submit resume and salary expectations with application online.
Please no phone calls.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.