Research and Development Specialist
|February 01, 2013 - February 15, 2013|
|Salary Range:||$41,500 - $45,500|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The purpose of the Research and Development Specialist is to independently complete assigned projects and research as it relates to the Strategic goals and business plans of the Atlanta Community Food Bank. The R&D Specialist will function in a project management role with the responsibility of coordinating the efforts and information from other staff in a variety of departments as needed to accomplish goals set. It is expected that this Specialist will manage their own activities and those of others working on projects with them. The Research and Development Specialist reports directly to the VP, Finance and Strategy.
|Duties:||Purposes, Responsibilities and Duties|
1. Responsible for collecting, reviewing and assessing economic and market research relevant to the Food Bank from Feeding America, other Food Banks, and other sources
2. Responsible for completing special research projects for the members of the Executive Leadership Team, as needed and directed by the VP, Finance & Strategy
3. Acts as the main coordinator for the Food Bankís participation in the Hunger In America study for Feeding America (every four years)
4. Participates and helps design surveys and research projects for the Food Bank, as needed, in partnership with other departments
5. Helps analyze and assess major business decisions using available facts and statistics, in support of the Strategic Plan priorities of the Food Bank, as directed by the VP, Finance & Strategy
6. Maintains an archive of historical data and statistics relevant to the finances and operations of the Food Bank, as needed to support management decision making
7. Assists the VP, Finance & Strategy in developing better tools for management reporting, monitoring, and decision making
8. Other duties and projects as assigned.
a. Bachelorís degree or equivalent (see required qualifications)
b. In lieu of degree - 5 years or more of proven related work experience and demonstrated communicative and analytical skills.
2. Required qualifications
a. 5 years or more of proven related work experience with progressive level of accountability and depth.
b. Strong numerical, analytical skills are imperative
c. Strong writing skills are imperative
d. Strong verbal communication and presentation skills
e. Strong project management skills
f. Strong teamwork orientation
g. Expertise in Microsoft Office Tools, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
h. Experience with database query and reporting tools a plus
i. Must pay close attention to details
j. Must have dependable transportation and be able to work with minimal supervision.
This position works in a typical office setting and within the community. There may be extended periods of sitting, standing and/or bending; listening, talking and/or visual concentration; writing and/or computer use. This position would normally have routine opportunities to alter physical position or change eye focus. Lifting should not normally exceed 30 pounds.
We are committed to providing employees with an environment of mutual respect in which the values of Diversity, Safety, Continuous Improvement, and Hard work are supported and encouraged. We work diligently to engender fairness, responsibility, trustworthiness and teamwork to advance our mission: To fight hunger by engaging, educating, and empowering our community.
No Phone Calls Please
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.